For lunch we stopped at this incredible temple, 3 000m, where we could see the Himalayan range. I nearly spat out my lung as I walked up the - 30 or 40 - steps up towards the temple. It felt as if i was super out of breath and every time i inhaled it was as if there was no air. Beautiful views though haha.
We had a picnic up a hill (another great physical challenge) where i played with some stray dogs. Something is wrong with me, I squeal everytime i see a dog/pony/anything really. The Dr Doolittle in me has emerged....in a weird girlie way.
Back on the road! I had a mild case of vertigo as the roads are very narrow on the edge of these cliffs and people drive a little crazy. The photographer in Alix emerged yesterday as we literally stopped very 5 to 15 minutes to capture bhutan's beauty... hence the loooong road trip hahah. We passed one of the Queen Mother's, which was very very cool! I fall asleep for the rest of the car ride and wake up at the hotel where we meet a fun group of people from Australia, Spain and Germany. Dinner was amusing. I tried some yak!!! very yummy indeedy!
Today Ali woke up and was not in very good shape. So he stayed in while Alix and I visited a temple and went on a 2 hour walk through this picturesque valley. I felt as if i was in switzerland or Jabali at many occasions. The altitude issue is still worrying, I sometimes just lose my breath. This place is literally breathtaking no joke ahah.
oh yes!!! I forgot to mention that i was partially bullied by two twelve year old monks in training. I was putting my boots on in the car with the door open and they stood there a meter away from me whispering, laughing and pointing... I just don't know why...
I just read your post with Siena and we loved it. Stray dogs are the big attraction now. We googled and watch dozens of pictures of stray dogs in the world on the web. I like your comparison with Jaali (Jabhutan o Jabalitzerland). We desperately need to see some pictures!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYo! Where are you guys!??
ReplyDeleteOver!
and xxx
Bravo les cocos, it looks like you are in paradise! enjoy it and breath if you can...hahaha...
ReplyDeletexxxL