Aman Hotel (Thank you God)
New Delhi (Overlooking the Commonwealth stadium)
Mmmmmmmmmmm Trekking !!!????
Life's a journey not a destination (Oscar Wilde) and What doesn't kill you makes you stronger (Japenese art of war/Kanye West), are among the words of wisdom that I am clinging to as the clock marches relentlessly toward our hour of departure into the mountains.
" The Bhutan clan " have arrived in Delhi and are making final preparations (errr having massages) before our flight leaves for Thimpu tomorrow morning.
Relentless marching awaits us. I really am unfit, the others are somewhat unfit, i just hope i can make the grade walking, frankly i wouldn't put much money on it at the moment as I break sweat just looking at the itinery!
My alternative if unable to keep up is to ride the mule of shame, kept in reserve to haul humiliated porkers who's legs have given out!
So i warmed up today by playing a little tennis. Feckin' stupid game! I am now in bed feeling like i've gone five rounds with Smokin' Joe Frazier.
Organising my kit I start humming " these boots are made for walking." (Nancy Sinatra), God I hope you're right Nancy...... we shall find out in the days ahead!
Alastair xxx.
Hello my dear peripatetic (see efinition below) group. Heat up your soles and get ready to climb the different levels of your souls and knowledge.Explore the hidden corners of your wisdom.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your ascension, but pleas come back!
xxxgoffredaki a.k.a. el brujo del Pireo or DJ Amore.
P.S.
per·i·pa·tet·ic /ˌpɛrəpəˈtɛtɪk/
[per-uh-puh-tet-ik]
–adjective
1. walking or traveling about; itinerant.
2. ( initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to Aristotle, who taught philosophy while walking in the Lyceum of ancient Athens.
3. ( initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to the Aristotelian school of philosophy.
–noun
4. a person who walks or travels about.
5. ( initial capital letter ) a member of the Aristotelian school.